- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 spicy sausages
- 1 large onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes or to taste
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 28-oz. can plum tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 cup whole milk ricotta
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup grated fresh mozzarella
- 1 pound no boil lasagna noodles or lasagna noodles cooked according to package directions, cut in half
- 1/2 cup grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat and sear sausages 3 to 4 minutes until browned. Place on a plate.
- Add onion and garlic to the skillet and saute 5 minutes, add sausages, red pepper flakes, thyme, oregano, tomatoes and sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Simmer 10 minutes.
- Place pasta into sauce and stir in ricotta and mozzarella cheese. Cover and simmer 10 minutes. Top with Parmigiano-Reggiano and cook uncovered 5 minutes.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad (lettuce -not iceberg-, salad veggies and salad dressing). VEGETARIAN: Use soy sausage instead of sausage links. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure canned tomatoes and lasagna noodles are gluten free. NUTRITION: 527 Calories; 22g Fat (37.6% calories from fat); 21g Protein; 61g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 43mg Cholesterol; 375mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 Grain (Starch); 1 1/2 Lean Meat; ½ Vegetable; 3 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!