Portobello Mushroom Turkey Club
- 8 Portobello mushroom caps
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 8 slices bacon cooked crisp
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- 1 pound roasted turkey breast sliced
- 1 English cucumber thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 large tomato thinly sliced
- 1/2 large lemon cut in 4 slices
- Cook bacon to crisp. Heat grill to medium heat. Place mushrooms in center of grill rack. Grill portobello mushrooms on each side for 1 minute, or until they are cooked to the desired doneness.
- Assemble the club sandwich by spreading a small amount of mayonnaise on the inside of each mushroom and layering the next 5 ingredients (bacon through tomato) on half the mushrooms. Top the sandwich with the remaining mushrooms.
- Squeeze 1 slice of lemon over layers and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Turnip fries (peel turnips and cut into “fries”; toss with olive oil and bake on a cookie sheet in a preheated 375-degree oven, turning once, until tender; sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste). GLUTEN FREE: Make sure mayonnaise is gluten free. NUTRITION: 429 Calories; 25g Fat (49.6% calories from fat); 38g Protein; 20g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 64mg Cholesterol; 1949mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 Lean Meat; 3 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!