Pork Chops With Sage Sauce
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 medium boneless pork chops
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup low sodium beef broth
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- In a large skillet over high heat melt butter and add pork chops. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Brown the chops for 2 minutes on each side. Stir in beef broth and sage.
- Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer pork chops and sauce for 35 minutes, or until cooked through and tender. Serve pork chops spooning sauce over each one.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Tossed green salad (lettuce -not iceberg-, salad veggies and low carb salad dressing). GLUTEN FREE: Make sure beef broth is gluten free. NUTRITION: 296 Calories; 20g Fat (63.5% calories from fat); 26g Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 89mg Cholesterol; 69mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!