Pork Avocado Burgers
- 2 pounds ground pork
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 avocados peeled and chopped
- 4 tablespoons low fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 limes juiced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped
- 6 hamburger buns toasted
- 1 tomato sliced
- In a medium bowl, add pork, cumin and sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Stir together and form 6 burgers.
- In a medium bowl, add avocado, sour cream, vinegar, lime juice, olive oil, cilantro and sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Smash with the back of a fork until combined.
- On an indoor or outdoor grill, grill burgers 5 to 6 minutes per side until cooked through.
- Place burgers on bun and top with avocado cream and tomato.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Sweet potato fries (peel sweet potatoes and cut into “fries”; toss with olive oil and bake on a cookie sheet in a preheated 425-degree oven, turning once, until tender; season with salt, pepper and chili powder). VEGETARIAN: Use canned white beans instead of pork. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure vinegar and hamburger buns are gluten free. NUTRITION: 515 Calories; 28g Fat (48.6% calories from fat); 37g Protein; 30g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 77mg Cholesterol; 347mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain (Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 4 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!