Poached Salmon with Herb Vinaigrette
- 1 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup white wine or low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 orange juiced
- 2 pounds salmon fillets fresh or frozen
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large sauce pan, heat broth, wine and lemon and orange juice over medium heat until it is lightly boiling, add fish and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- In a blender or food processor, add mustard, vinegar, olive oil, parsley, basil and sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Blend 1 minute until combined. Serve fish with vinaigrette.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Brown rice and steamed broccoli. VEGETARIAN: Use tempeh instead of salmon fillets. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure vegetable broth, white wine, mustard and vinegar are gluten free. NUTRITION: 328 Calories; 19g Fat (54.4% calories from fat); 32g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 79mg Cholesterol; 202mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!