Pistachio Tuna Steaks
- 4 medium tuna steaks
- 2 large eggs beaten
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pistachios
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Pat tuna steaks dry with a paper towel then coat surfaces with beaten eggs.
- In a medium bowl, combine next 4 ingredients (salt and pepper through thyme); coat the surfaces of the tuna steaks with the pistachio mixture.
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add tuna steaks; cook for 3 minutes per side or until the outsides form a crispy crust. Continue cooking until tuna steaks reach their desired level of doneness.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Stir-fried sliced mushrooms, zucchini and red bell peppers. NUTRITION: 251 Calories; 13g Fat (46.0% calories from fat); 22g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 90mg Cholesterol; 143mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!