Mushroom Burgers with Arugula Salad and Avocado
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chopped oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 4 large Portobello mushroom caps
- 6 cups arugula
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Stevia to taste
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small shallot minced
- 2 medium avocado sliced
- In a large bowl, mix the first 4 ingredients (beef through oregano). Form beef mixture into patties.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the burgers and cook or 5 minutes on each side, until cooked to desired level of doneness. Set burgers aside.
- In the same skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil. To the oil, add the coconut aminos and the mushrooms. Cook 5 minutes, on each side, until tender.
- In a large bowl, toss the remaining ingredients together and then season with salt and pepper.
- On individual plates, place the mushroom caps then the burgers. Top each burger with the arugula salad and avocado and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Big Salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette (1 head lettuce (any kind but not iceberg), torn, Salad veggies of choice, 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 garlic clove, pressed, Dried basil, to taste, Dried oregano, to taste: Directions- In a large bowl, toss together torn lettuce and salad veggies of your choice. In a small bowl, whisk together extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic and a pinch of dried basil and oregano; drizzle dressing over salad.)
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!