Meatball and Mushroom Dinner
- 1 pound ground turkey
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 large leek chopped
- 2 large stalks celery chopped
- 2 cups chopped mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon chopped thyme
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 14-oz. can coconut milk
- 1 spaghetti squash cooked
- In a large bowl, mix the turkey, salt and pepper and flour. Form the meat into meatballs.
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat coconut oil. To the pot, add the meatballs. Cook for 5 minutes on each side, until brown.
- To the pot, add the next 6 ingredients (leek through coconut milk). Cook for 15 minutes, or until turkey is no longer pink in the center and vegetables are tender. Serve warm over spaghetti squash.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A Big Salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette in a large bowl, toss together torn lettuce (not Iceberg - no nutrition) and salad veggies of your choice. In a small bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 clove pressed garlic and a pinch of dried basil and oregano; drizzle dressing over salad.) NUTRITION: 432 Calories; 28g Fat (56.4% calories from fat); 34g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 90mg Cholesterol; 662mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 3 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!