Marinated Lemon Ginger Chicken Kabobs
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cubed
- 1 large zucchini chopped
- 2 small summer squash chopped
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons honey
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic minced
- In a large resalable bag, place all the ingredients and mix well. Seal bag and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Heat grill to medium heat.
- Alternately thread the chicken, zucchini and squash onto large skewers and place on the grill. Cook for
- 5 to 10 minutes on each side, until chicken is no longer pink in the center and vegetables are tender.
- Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Zucchini Pasta (Julienne or cut large zucchini lengthwise into thin strips; stir-fry in a skillet coated with olive oil over medium-high heat until slightly limp.) NUTRITION: 434 Calories; 4g Fat (8.4% calories from fat); 60g Protein; 43g Carbohydrate; 11g Dietary Fiber; 132mg Cholesterol; 165mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 7 1/2 Lean Meat; 4 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 0 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!