Marinated Beef “Fajitas”
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 bunch cilantro chopped
- 2 large limes zest and juice
- 1 pound skirt steak
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper seeded and sliced
- 1 green bell pepper seeded and sliced
- 1 large sweet onion sliced
- 2 jalapeños stem and seeds removed, sliced into strips
- 2 large avocados sliced
- 6 cups steamed cauliflower florets
- Place first seven ingredients in a large plastic Ziploc bag and seal. Shake bag to mix ingredients. Place the skirt steak in the bag, press out the excess air and seal. Lightly massage the bag to make sure the marinade coats the meat and then refrigerate for at least one hour or overnight.
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add coconut oil and then place the steak in the pan. Sear 5 minutes each side and remove from the pan. Set aside and cover with foil to rest.
- Meanwhile, add the sliced bell peppers, onion and jalapeños to the skillet. Add the reserved marinade that was used for the meat and sauté vegetables for 20 to 25 minutes. Thinly slice the skirt steak across the grain and place on a large serving plate. Top with the cooked fajita vegetables and avocado slices. Serve over the steamed cauliflower.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!