Lemon Chicken Mushroom Skillet
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large carrot chopped
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth or use bone broth
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large pot over high heat, add the coconut oil, onion and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes then add the next 3 ingredients (lemon through chicken). Continue to cook for about 15 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink in the center.
- Remove the chicken and allow to cool slightly. Shred chicken, using two forks, then add chicken back to the skillet and reduce heat to low. To the skillet, add the remaining ingredients and cook on low for 15 minutes, until vegetables are tender. Serve warm.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!