Hamburger and Kale Stir-Fry
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 large shallot chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 4 cups chopped kale
- Heat the sesame oil in a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium heat. Add ground beef, shallot and garlic; cook for 10 minutes or until beef is brown.
- Add next 5 ingredients (onion through lemon zest). Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add chopped kale then cover skillet and turn off the heat; allow the stir-fry to sit for 10 minutes or until kale has wilted. Stir and serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender then drain and toss with salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork.) NUTRITION: 363 Calories; 25g Fat (62.4% calories from fat); 23g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 85mg Cholesterol; 125mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 3 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!