Grilled Vegetable Couscous with Carrot Ginger Vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 pound asparagus spears remove woody ends
- 2 large red bell peppers seeded and halved
- 1 large red onion sliced
- 1 large eggplant sliced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 medium carrots peeled and grated
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 cups couscous cooked according to package directions
- 1 15-oz. can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese
- In a large bowl, add olive oil, thyme, asparagus, bell peppers, onion, eggplant and sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Toss to combine.
- In an indoor or outdoor grill, over medium high heat grill the asparagus, bell peppers, onions and eggplant for 5 to 7 minutes per side until golden.
- In a food processor or blender, add carrots, vinegar, honey, sesame oil, olive oil, soy sauce, lime juice, ginger and sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Blend 1 minute until combined.
- In a large bowl, add couscous, chickpeas, grilled vegetables, and goat cheese. Toss with vinaigrette.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked butternut squash. VEGETARIAN: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure rice wine vinegar, soy sauce and couscous is gluten free. NUTRITION: 498 Calories; 15g Fat (25.8% calories from fat); 19g Protein; 75g Carbohydrate; 14g Dietary Fiber; 15mg Cholesterol; 184mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 1/2 Grain (Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 3 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!