Grilled Skirt Steak with Mustard Butter
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 shallot minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds flank steak
- In a small bowl, add butter, both mustards, shallot, lemon juice and sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Stir to combine.
- On an indoor grill over medium heat, grill steaks 4 to 5 minutes each side until browned. Slice steak and top with mustard butter.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed new red potatoes tossed with a little butter and chopped parsley. VEGETARIAN: Use Portobello mushrooms instead of flank steak. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure Dijon and whole grain mustard are gluten free. NUTRITION: 342 Calories; 24g Fat (63.6% calories from fat); 30g Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 98mg Cholesterol; 138mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 1/2 Fat; 0 other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!