Grilled Lemon Chicken with Barbecue Salad
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 2 drops liquid stevia
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced Kalamata olives
- In a medium bowl, mix the first 6 ingredients (olive oil through chili powder).
- In a large resalable bag, place the chicken. Pour the lemon mixture over the chicken and seal bag.
- Refrigerate chicken for at least 1 hour.
- Heat grill to medium heat.
- Place the chicken on the grill and cook for 10 minutes on each side, until chicken is no longer pink in the center.
- In a large bowl, mix the next 9 ingredients (cabbage through vinegar) and sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Slice the chicken and serve over the Cole slaw. Sprinkle the salad with cheese and olives and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed green beans. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, stevia, apple cider vinegar and Kalamata olives are gluten free. NUTRITION: 463 Calories; 19g Fat (37.2% calories from fat); 60g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 155mg Cholesterol; 925mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 8 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 3 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!