Grilled Chicken with Smokey Salsa
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lemon juiced
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 serrano chili halved
- 2 large tomatoes halved
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 lime juiced
- In a medium bowl, add chicken, lemon juice and 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- In a medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat and sear tomatoes and chili 5 to 6 minutes until browned.
- In a food processor or blender, add 3 tablespoons olive oil, tomatoes, chili, garlic, honey, vinegar, sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste and lime juice. Pulse 1 minute until combined.
- On an indoor or outdoor grill, grill chicken over medium high heat for 5 to 6 minutes per side until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve chicken with smoky salsa.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed green beans and baked russet potatoes. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties instead of chicken breasts. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure white wine vinegar is gluten free. NUTRITION: 404 Calories; 17g Fat (37.8% calories from fat); 55g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 137mg Cholesterol; 158mg Sodium. Exchanges: 7 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!