Green Curry Chicken Soup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons green curry paste
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth or use bone broth
- 3 cups unsweetened full fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime zest
- 1 tablespoon honey
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the oil. To the oil, add the onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes then add the chicken. Cook chicken for 10 minutes, until brown. Pour the mixture into a large crock cooker and then add the remaining ingredients and cover with the lid. Cook on HIGH for 2 to 4 hours, or until all the veggies and chicken are cooked through. Serve hot.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!