Curried Steak and Plantain Stir-Fry
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 large plantain peeled and sliced
- 1 pound steak of choice, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small onion sliced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon yellow curry powder
- 1/4 cup low sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- In a large skillet over high heat, heat coconut oil. To the skillet, add the plantains and cook for 3 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Remove plantains from skillet and add the next 5 ingredients (steak through curry).
- Cook steak mixture for 10 minutes, until steak reaches desired level of doneness. To the steak mixture, add the remaining ingredients and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 5 minutes and add plantains to the skillet. Stir and serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Cauli-Rice (Process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork.) NUTRITION: 319 Calories; 16g Fat (43.7% calories from fat); 24g Protein; 22g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 58mg Cholesterol; 85mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!