Crock Chili Rubbed Short Ribs
- 2 pounds beef short ribs
- 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1 large onion sliced
- 1 dried sweet Ancho chili stem and seeds removed
- 2 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup low sodium beef broth or use bone broth
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- In a large crock cooker, place all the ingredients and cover. Cook on low for 5-7 hours, or until the ribs are tender and falling off the bone. Remove any large pieces of anchochiles before serving.
- Serve with a sprinkle of fresh chopped cilantro.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!