Creamy Vegetable Beef Liver
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 pound beef liver chopped or 1 pound ground beef
- 2 medium bay leaves
- 2 cups chopped mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 14-oz. can coconut milk
- 4 cups low sodium beef broth
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 large leeks chopped
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat coconut oil. To the oil, add the beef.
- Brown for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- To the pot, add the remaining ingredients and cover. Bring soup to a boil then reduce heat to low and cook for 20 to 30 minutes, until vegetables are tender. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Salad of Mixed Baby Greens tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette (In a large bowl, toss together mixed baby greens, sliced red onion and avocado. In a small bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 clove pressed garlic and a pinch each of dried basil and dried oregano; drizzle over salad and toss well.) NUTRITION: 500 Calories; 29g Fat (50.4% calories from fat); 36g Protein; 28g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 402mg Cholesterol; 171mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 3 Vegetable; 5 Fat
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!