Coconut Curry Chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into 2-inch cubes*
- 1 large red onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 medium red bell peppers de-seeded, de-ribbed and chopped
- 2 cups canned unsweetened coconut milk
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut unsweetened
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken;
- cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until golden. Transfer to a large crock cooker. Add remaining ingredients (onion through coconut); stir to blend well.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours or until chicken is cooked through.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over Cauli-Rice (see Day 2 directions). Add steamed broccoli spears on the side. NUTRITION: 457 Calories; 30g Fat (58.0% calories from fat); 31g Protein; 19g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 115mg Cholesterol; 158mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 5 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!