Coconut Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts cubed
- 1 large leek chopped
- 2 large stalks celery chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened dried coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 4 large leaves romaine lettuce
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat coconut oil. To the oil, add the first 6 ingredients (chicken through coconut flakes) and stir. Cook for 10 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink in the center.
- To the skillet, add the coconut cream and stir. Turn off heat and allow to cool.
- Using a large slotted spoon, spoon the chicken mixture into the lettuce leaves and serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Cauli-Rice (Process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork.) NUTRITION: 268 Calories; 14g Fat (47.9% calories from fat); 29g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 68mg Cholesterol; 106mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!