Citrus Braised Pork Tacos
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds pork shoulder cut into 2 inch cubes
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 large avocado peeled and chopped
- 1 large tomato chopped
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 4 large leaves Romaine lettuce
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat and sear pork for 3 to 4 minutes until browned.
- In a large slow cooker add pork and next 8 ingredients (onion through pepper) and cook on low for 8 hours until pork is cooked through.
- Serve pork on lettuce leaf and top with avocado, tomato and sour cream.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Stir-fried zucchini, yellow squash and red bell pepper. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: 480 Calories; 37g Fat (69.3% calories from fat); 25g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 97mg Cholesterol; 102mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 5 1/2 Fat
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!