Chipotle Turkey Tacos
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 cups frozen sliced bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons chopped chipotle chili pepper in adobo sauce
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 8 leaves romaine lettuce
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat coconut oil. To the oil, add the turkey. Cook for 10 minutes, until turkey is brown.
- To the pot, add the next 4 ingredients (garlic through cauliflower). Cook for 5 to 10 minutes, until vegetables are slightly tender. To the skillet, add the next 4 ingredients (chipotle peppers through cumin) and stir. Reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, until vegetables are tender. Serve taco filling inside romaine lettuce leaves.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli spears and Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with a little ghee or coconut oil and salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture). NUTRITION: 254 Calories; 14g Fat (47.2% calories from fat); 23g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 90mg Cholesterol; 169mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 1 Fat
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!