- 8 medium boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 medium onion sliced thinly
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 chipotle chili pepper in adobo sauce chopped
- 1 28-oz. can diced tomatoes
- Rub chicken breasts with oil. Combine salt, pepper and cumin and sprinkle over all sides of chicken. Place in crock cooker.
- Pour in last 4 ingredients (onion through tomatoes), being careful to not rinse off spices on chicken, and cover with the lid.
- Cook for 4 hours on high, or until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce thickens. Stir and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed green beans and faux-tay-toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with butter, cream cheese and salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture). GLUTEN FREE: Make sure canned tomatoes and chipotle pepper are gluten free. NUTRITION: 251 Calories; 13g Fat (45.1% calories from fat); 28g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 115mg Cholesterol; 148mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!