Chicken with Herby Mashed Cauliflower
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic minced and divided
- Stevia to taste
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken thighs
- 1 large head cauliflower cut into florets and steamed until cooked through
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon minced thyme
- 1 teaspoon minced oregano
- In a blender, blend the first 4 ingredients (vinegar, 2 cloves garlic through salt and pepper) until smooth.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat coconut oil. To the skillet, add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes, until brown. To the chicken, add the vinegar sauce and cook for 5 to 10 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- In a food processor, blend the remaining ingredients, adding salt and pepper to taste, until smooth. Serve chicken with mashed cauliflower.
Serving Suggestion: Big Salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette (1 head lettuce (any kind but not iceberg), torn, Salad veggies of choice, 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 garlic clove, pressed, Dried basil, to taste, Dried oregano, to taste: Directions- In a large bowl, toss together torn lettuce and salad veggies of your choice. In a small bowl, whisk together extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic and a pinch of dried basil and oregano; drizzle dressing over salad.)
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!