Chicken and Shaved Asparagus Salad
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cubed
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 large bunch asparagus spears ends trimmed
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 large shallot minced
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat coconut oil. To the skillet, add the chicken and the salt and pepper. Cook for 10 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink in the center.
- Using a vegetable peeler, shave each stalk of asparagus length-wise. In a large bowl, mix the asparagus, almonds and chicken.
- In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Pour dressing over the salad, toss and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve Curried Cauli-Rice on the side (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; add curry powder, salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork).Add French-cut green beans sautéed in a little ghee or coconut oil and tossed with slivered almonds. NUTRITION: 307 Calories; 20g Fat (58.0% calories from fat); 28g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 66mg Cholesterol; 75mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 3 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!