Beef Broccoli Salad
- 2 large New York Strip steaks
- 8 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dark toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Place steaks in center of rack and cook for 4 minutes on each side. Cut steaks into medium size slices and set aside on a plate covered with tin foil to rest.
- In a large pot fitted with a steamer basket, bring water to a boil and steam broccoli 4 minutes until crisp-tender. Rinse under cold water and drain.
- In a large bowl whisk together next 4 ingredients (soy sauce through honey). Add broccoli and toss together until all florets are covered with the mixture.
- Add slices of steak on top of the salad, season with salt and pepper and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Cauli-rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food process until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” until tender; drain; season with salt and pepper then fluff with a fork). GLUTEN FREE: Make sure soy sauce and rice vinegar are gluten free. NUTRITION: 253 Calories; 18g Fat (61.6% calories from fat); 13g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 34mg Cholesterol; 364mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 3 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!