Beef and Bacon Bourguignon with Avocado
- 2 pounds beef skirt steak cubed
- 2 medium carrots peeled and chopped
- 4 cups chopped cauliflower florets
- 1 cup pearl onions peeled
- 3 cups cooked and chopped bacon
- 6 cups low sodium beef broth or use bone broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 medium avocado peeled, pitted and sliced
- In a large cooking pot over medium heat, add the first 6 ingredients (beef through broth) and bring to a simmer.
- Then add the remaining ingredients and mix well to combine. Cover and continue to simmer. Cook until vegetables are softened and the meat has cooked throughout, about 60 minutes. Remove the lid and simmer for another 20-30 minutes to reduce the sauce.
- Serve warm topped with avocado.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Faux-Tay-Toes (1/2 head cauliflower, 1/2 tablespoon butter, Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste: Directions: Steam cauliflower until tender. In a large bowl, add steamed cauliflower, butter, salt and pepper. Mash together until resembling mashed potatoes.) + Steamed broccoli.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!