Balsamic Salmon with Green Beans
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 medium onion chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon chopped thyme
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 pounds chopped salmon
- 3 cups chopped kale
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 cups chopped green beans
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the coconut oil.
- To the skillet add the garlic and onion. To the pan, add the next 4 ingredients (salt and pepper through vinegar) and stir. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- To the balsamic mixture, add the remaining ingredients and stir. Cook for 15 minutes, until fish flakes easily with a fork and vegetables are tender. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Faux-Tay-Toes (Steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with Ghee, salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture.) NUTRITION: 386 Calories; 15g Fat (35.1% calories from fat); 48g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 118mg Cholesterol; 178mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain Starch); 6 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!