Bacon Arugula Salad with Strawberry Vinaigrette
- 1 pound nitrate free bacon chopped
- 4 cups arugula
- 1/4 small red onion sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 4 large strawberries sliced
- 1/2 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add bacon. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes, until bacon is brown and crispy. Transfer bacon to a paper towel lined place.
- In a large bowl, add the lettuce, onion, walnuts and bacon.
- In a blender, blend the remaining ingredients until smooth. Pour dressing over the salad, toss and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve Curried Cauli-Rice on the side (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; add curry powder, salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork).Add French-cut green beans sautéed in a little ghee or coconut oil and tossed with slivered almonds. NUTRITION: 587 Calories; 45g Fat (67.3% calories from fat); 42g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 114mg Cholesterol; 971mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!