Bacon and Thyme Stuffed Pork Chops
- 4 medium thick-cut pork chops
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 4 slices nitrate free bacon chopped
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth or use bone broth
- On a clean work surface cut a pocket into each of the pork chops. Season the chops inside and out with salt, pepper and thyme. Stuff the chopped kale and chopped bacon into each pork chop pocket.
- In a large skillet, heat the ghee over medium-high heat. Brown the pork chops, cook about 4-6 minutes per side. Place the chops in a large crock cooker. Pour over the chicken broth and then cover with the lid. Cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours, or until the pork chops reach 160 degrees.
- Remove the chops from the crock cooker and let rest for about 3 minutes. Pour the pan juices over the chops and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!