Bacon and Lemon Beet Salad
- 1 pound bacon chopped
- 3 large beets shredded
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons coconut aminos
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 small shallot sliced
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1 large avocado pitted, peeled and sliced
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add chopped bacon; cook and stir for 10 minutes or until brown and crispy. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate.
- In a large bowl, toss together next 8 ingredients (beets through maple syrup). Add chopped cooked bacon; toss again.
- Evenly arrange baby spinach on dinner plates; top with Bacon and Lemon Beet Salad then garnish with sliced avocado.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A relish tray of carrot and celery sticks, cucumber spears and cherry tomatoes. NUTRITION: 580 Calories; 49g Fat (75.3% calories from fat); 20g Protein; 16g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 48mg Cholesterol; 989mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 8 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!