Avocado Bacon Salad
- 2 pounds bacon chopped
- 4 cups chopped Romaine lettuce
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 large apple cored and chopped
- 1/2 small onion sliced
- 1 large avocado peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large skillet over medium heat, place bacon. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes, until bacon is brown and very crispy. Transfer bacon to a paper towel lined plate and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, mix the next 6 ingredients (lettuce through cilantro) with chopped bacon.
- In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients and pout onto the salad. Toss and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed Asparagus (Steam asparagus until slightly tender.) NUTRITION: 865 Calories; 74g Fat (76.6% calories from fat); 37g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 96mg Cholesterol; 1848mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 11 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!