Asparagus Beef Soup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound beef stew meat chopped
- 5 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1 cup celery chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon chopped thyme
- 1 large bunch asparagus spears ends trimmed
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat the coconut oil. To the pot, add the onion and garlic. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes, until onions have cooked down and are fragrant. To the onion and garlic, add the beef. Cook for 10 minutes, until beef is brown.
- To the pot, add the next 4 ingredients (broth through thyme) and stir. Cover and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, until beef and vegetables are tender. Stir in the asparagus and cook an additional 5 minutes, until asparagus is tender crisp. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Shredded Brussels Sprouts (Cut large Brussels sprouts in half lengthwise then place on a clean surface, cut sides down, and thinly slice; stir-fry in olive oil and Ghee over medium heat until almost tender. Add a little low sodium chicken broth, cover and simmer for 3 minutes or until tender; toss with salt and pepper to taste and a dash of ground nutmeg.) NUTRITION: 304 Calories; 13g Fat (39.7% calories from fat); 38g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 62mg Cholesterol; 145mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!