Asian Ginger Meatballs
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 drops liquid stevia
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup low sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- In a large bowl, mix the first 4 ingredients (beef through coconut flour).
- Form meat into balls.
- In a medium bowl, mix the next 8 ingredients (stevia through arrowroot flour).
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat coconut oil. To the skillet, add the meatballs. Cook for 5 minutes on each side, until brown. Pour sauce over the meatballs and reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, until meatballs reach desired level of doneness and sauce has thickened.
- Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli and cauli-rice. (Process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste then fluff with a fork.) GLUTEN FREE: Make sure stevia, sesame oil, hoisin sauce, soy sauce and beef broth are gluten free. NUTRITION: 588 Calories; 43g Fat (67.0% calories from fat); 36g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 234mg Cholesterol; 589mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 5 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!