Asian Chicken Lettuce Wrap
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 small onion minced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- 4 large leaves Romaine lettuce rinsed
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil. To the skillet, add the next 4 ingredients (chicken through salt and pepper). Cook for 5 to 10 minutes, until chicken is brown.
- To the chicken mixture, add the next 5 ingredients (snow peas through warm water) and stir. Reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes.
- To the lettuce leaves, spoon the chicken mixture and serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Cauli-rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; add salt and pepper to taste; then fluff with a fork). GLUTEN FREE: Make sure soy sauce and chili sauce are gluten free. NUTRITION: 179 Calories; 5g Fat (25.2% calories from fat); 27g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 66mg Cholesterol; 226mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!