Asian Chicken Cabbage Salad
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs chopped
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- In large skillet over medium heat, heat coconut oil. To the skillet, add the chicken and cook for 10 minutes, until chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken fro heat and allow to cool
- In a large bowl, toss the chicken, cabbage and green onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients and pour over cabbage salad. Toss and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Shredded Brussels Sprouts (Cut large Brussels sprouts in half lengthwise then place on a clean surface, cut sides down, and thinly slice; stir-fry in olive oil and grass fed butter over medium heat until almost tender. Add a little low sodium chicken broth, cover and simmer for 3 minutes or until tender; toss with salt and pepper to taste.) NUTRITION: 187 Calories; 5g Fat (24.2% calories from fat); 27g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 66mg Cholesterol; 91mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!