Warm Shrimp Salad
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 medium red onion diced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 8-oz. can cannellini beans drained, rinsed
- 4 large plum tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine or low sodium chicken broth
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 pounds shrimp thawed, peeled and deveined
- 4 cups arugula
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat and saute garlic and onions for 5 to 7 minutes until soft. Add rosemary, beans, tomatoes, wine and sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste and simmer 5 minutes. Add shrimp and simmer 3 to 4 minutes until shrimp is cooked through.
- Place in a large bowl and toss with arugula while warm to serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed baby red potatoes tossed in butter and chopped parsley. VEGETARIAN: Use cubed zucchini in place of the shrimp, and use vegetable stock instead of chicken if using. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure that the beans, wine or broth are all gluten free. NUTRITION: 369 Calories; 10g Fat (25.1% calories from fat); 39g Protein; 27g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 230mg Cholesterol; 239mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!