Turkey Cucumber Salad
- 1 large boneless skinless turkey breast
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 cups chopped cucumber
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 large shallot sliced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Heat grill to medium heat.
- Rub turkey breast with olive oil and salt and pepper. To the grill, place the turkey and close lid.
- Cook for 10 minutes on each side, until the center of the turkey is no longer pink. Remove turkey from grill and allow to cool. Once turkey has cooled, cut into bite sized pieces.
- In a large bowl, add the cucumber, Romaine, arugala, shallot, turkey.
- In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients (vinegar through garlic) and sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Pour dressing over salad, toss and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Complete meal all on its own! NUTRITION: 429 Calories; 22g Fat; 49g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 121mg Cholesterol; 134mg Sodium. Exchanges: 6 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 4 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!