Turkey and Ginger Basil Kale Burgers
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 4 large Portobello mushroom caps
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 1 large avocado mashed
- Heat grill to high heat.
- In a large bowl, mix the first 4 ingredients (turkey through basil). Form turkey mixture into patties.
- Place burgers on the grill and cook for 5 to 10 minutes on each side, until the center of the burgers are no longer pink.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat coconut oil. To the oil, add the coconut aminos and the mushrooms. Cook mushrooms on each side for 3 to 5 minutes, until tender.
- Layer mushroom cap, burger, kale and avocado and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Shredded Brussels sprouts (cut large Brussels sprouts in half lengthwise then place on a clean surface, cut side down, and thinly slice; stir-fry in olive oil and ghee over medium heat until almost tender; add a little chicken broth, cover and simmer for 3 minutes or until tender; season with salt and pepper to taste). NUTRITION: 314 Calories; 20g Fat (53.3% calories from fat); 28g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 73mg Cholesterol; 104mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!