Turkey and Beet Arugula Salad
- 1 large turkey breast
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 medium beets peeled and chopped
- 4 cups arugula chopped
- 1 large shallot sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Heat grill to medium heat.
- Rub turkey breast with olive oil and salt and pepper. To the grill, place the turkey and close lid. Cook for 10 minutes on each side, until the center of the turkey is no longer pink. Remove turkey from grill and allow to cool. Once turkey has cooled, cut into bite sized pieces.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, heat coconut oil. To the skillet, add the beets and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Cook for 10 minutes, until beets are fork tender.
- In a large bowl, add the lettuce, shallot, walnuts, turkey and beets.
- In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients and sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Pour dressing over salad, toss and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli spears and Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with grass fed butter, salt and pepper till you get a mashed potatoes texture. NUTRITION: 521 Calories; 23g Fat (40.5% calories from fat); 61g Protein; 17g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 141mg Cholesterol; 150mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 7 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 4 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!