Sweet Potato Leek Turkey Hash
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil divided
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 large sweet potato peeled and chopped
- 2 medium leeks chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 4 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon of the coconut oil.
- To the skillet, add the turkey. Cook for 10 minutes, until turkey is brown. Set turkey aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the remaining coconut oil. To the skillet, add the sweet potato, leek and garlic. Cook for 10 minutes, until sweet potato is tender. To the skillet add the turkey and the remaining ingredients (mushrooms through coconut aminos) and stir. Reduce heat to low and cook for 5 minutes, until turkey is warm and vegetables are tender. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big tossed salad with dressing of your choice (make sure it is low carb). GLUTEN FREE: Make sure spices are gluten free. NUTRITION: 299 Calories; 17g Fat (50.2% calories from fat); 22g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 90mg Cholesterol; 735mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 2 ½ Lean Meat; 1 ½ Vegetable; 1 ½ Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!