Spicy Lime Grilled Swordfish with Corn Salsa
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small red onion diced
- 5 ears corn kernels removed
- 4 large plum tomatoes chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper divided
- 2 limes juiced, divided
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped
- 6 swordfish steaks 6-ounce
- In a large bowl, add remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil, lime juice, cayenne (or to taste) and cilantro and fish. Marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat 3 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat and sauté red onion for 4 minutes, add corn, tomatoes, 1/4 teaspoon (or to taste) cayenne pepper, juice from 1 lime and sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste and sauté 5 to 6 minutes until warmed through.
- On an indoor or outdoor grill, over medium high heat grill fish 3 to 4 minutes per side until cooked through. Serve with corn salsa.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big spinach salad. VEGETARIAN: Use tempeh instead of sword fish. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: 411 Calories; 21g Fat; 37g Protein; 19g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 66mg Cholesterol; 170mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain (Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 2 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!