- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup green olives pitted
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat and sear chicken 3 to 5 minutes per side until golden.
- In a large slow cooker, add chicken and the remaining ingredients (garlic through salt and pepper) and cook on low for 8 hours until chicken is cooked through.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad (lettuce -not iceberg-, salad veggies and salad dressing). VEGETARIAN: Use canned white beans instead of chicken thighs and adjust cook time. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure sherry vinegar, chicken broth and green olives are gluten free. NUTRITION: 313 Calories; 15g Fat (42.6% calories from fat); 30g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 115mg Cholesterol; 404mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 4 Lean Meat; ½ Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!