Shrimp and Sweet Onion Skewers
- 1 pound medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 large sweet onion cut into wedges
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons coconut aminos
- 4 cups mixed baby salad greens
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- bamboo skewers or metal
- DO-AHEAD TIP: If using bamboo skewers, presoak them in water for 30 minutes, to prevent burning on the grill. Preheat grill to MEDIUM.
- In a large bowl, toss together first 6 ingredients (shrimp through coconut aminos).
- Alternately thread shrimp and onion wedges onto skewers then place on the grill and cook for 10 minutes per side or until shrimp are pink and onion wedges are tender.
- Serve skewers on a bed of salad greens and drizzle lemon juice on top.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve grilled or steamed asparagus on the side. NUTRITION: 218 Calories; 5g Fat (22.5% calories from fat); 29g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 173mg Cholesterol; 440mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!