Shredded Artichoke Chicken Crock Cooker
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 cups artichoke hearts
- 2 large stalks celery chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- In a large crock cooker, place all the ingredients. Cover with the lid and cook on LOW heat for 4-6 hours, or until the chicken shreds easily with two forks.
- Serve hot.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve Curried Cauli-Rice on the side (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; add curry powder, salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork).Add French-cut green beans sautéed in a little ghee or coconut oil and tossed with slivered almonds. NUTRITION: 136 Calories; 3g Fat (17.3% calories from fat); 16g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 54mg Cholesterol; 160mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Lean Meat; 2 ½ vegetable; 0 Fruit.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!