Sesame Lime Pork Shoulder
- 1 pork shoulder 2-pound
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 drops liquid stevia
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime zest
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- In a large crock cooker, place the pork.
- In a large bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Pour sauce over the pork and cover. Cook for 6 to 8 hours, until pork reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees. Slice and serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Creamed spinach and a big bowl of broccoli slaw (use a ready-made mix and toss with mayo and a little rice vinegar). GLUTEN FREE: Make sure that the spices, oils, broths and soy sauce are all gluten free. NUTRITION: 478 Calories; 35g Fat (67.0% calories from fat); 32g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 121mg Cholesterol; 476mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; ½ Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 4 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!