Salmon Arugula Salad
- 4 6-oz. cans flaked salmon drained
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cups arugula
- 1 large shallot sliced
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- In a large bowl, mix the first 5 ingredients (salmon through salt and pepper).
- In a large bowl, mix the lettuce, shallot and cheese.
- In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients (apple cider vinegar through garlic). Pour dressing over salad. Top salad with salmon mixture and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Sautéed zucchini, yellow squash and red bell pepper. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure canned salmon and apple cider vinegar are gluten free. NUTRITION: 471 Calories; 31g Fat (59.4% calories from fat); 36g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 100mg Cholesterol; 1081mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 Lean Meat; ½ Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 3 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!