- 2 pounds boneless beef chuck roast
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 small sweet onion chopped
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- Place roast in a crock cooker; season with salt and pepper then add garlic, rosemary and onion. Pour vinegar over roast.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or until beef is fork-tender.
- Place roast on a cutting board and allow it to rest for 10 minutes. Slice beef then pour hot crock cooker juices over the top.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain then mash with ghee, salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture). Add shredded cabbage sautéed in ghee then tossed with salt, pepper and caraway seeds. NUTRITION: 487 Calories; 35g Fat (66.8% calories from fat); 36g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 131mg Cholesterol; 115mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 4 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!